Another in the series of church visits. This time a visit to St Peter’s in Edensor (pronounced Enza). Designed by George Gilbert Scott to replace a Norman church previously on the site. Gilbert Scott incorporated a few features from the original building, including a small piscina. The surrounding village of Edensor was designed by Paxton when the 6th Duke of Devonshire decided to move the village out of sight of Chatsworth House.
On the south side of the chancel is the Cavendish Chapel. Original the choir vestry, it now holds memorials to the Cavendish family. Amongst the memorials is one to Charles Frederick Cavendish who was murdered at Phoenix Park Dublin in 1882. The east window in the chapel includes an image of Christ giving a blessing.