Throughout 2015, there has been two Shaun in the City displays, one in London comprising of 50 Shauns during April and May, and the second in Bristol comprising of 70 Shauns during July and August. In both locations the Shauns where organised into trails.
This followed the previous Gromit Unleashed trails around Bristol in 2013 and Hong Kong in 2014
Towards the end of September 2015 there has been a display of all 120 Shauns in Bristol at Cribbs Causeway, and during the final weekend of September in London at Covent Garden.
On 8 October, the 120 Shauns will be auctioned off on behalf of the Wallace and Gromit’s Children’s Charity and Bristol Children’s Hospital Charity
In mid-April we visited London, and with little planning we attempted to find all the Shauns. We succeeded in finding 48 Shauns in one day, and the remaining two the following day. In hindsight, we realised we could have found all 50 in one day.
The App helped to some extent, however early on it sent us to a Shaun that was not on the trail we were following.
London Shaun in the City Blogs and Photographs
- Our story of Shaun’s Trail
- Our story of Timmy’s Trail
- Our story of Shirley’s Trail
- Our story of Bitzer’s Trail
- Our story of the Lost Sheep
- Pictures of Shaun’s Trail
- Pictures of Timmy’s Trail
- Pictures of Shirley’s Trail
- Pictures of Bitzer’s Trail
- More pictures of the Lost Sheep
In early May, we made the decision to visit Bristol to locate the Shauns there. At that point we had no indication where the Shauns would be located in the city. At the end of May the indicative locations were announced. Obtaining an ordnance survey map of the area, the locations were plotted so that we could make plans to find them. Early on it became evident that reaching them all on foot, or by public transport would not be possible.
Once the final locations were released, more detailed planning was carried out. Although we considered renting a car for part of the weekend, we decided that we would confine ourselves to walking and public transport.
Bristol Shaun in the City Blogs and Photographs
- Shaun in the City – Sheep Drive
- Shaun in the City – Downs Trail
- Shaun in the City – Heritage Trail
- Shaun in the City – Brunel Trail
- Shaun in the City – Temple Trail
- Shaun in the City – Harbourside Trail
- Shaun in the City – Old City Trail
- Pictures of Sheep Drive
- Pictures of Downs Trail
- Pictures of Heritage Trail
- Pictures of Brunel Trail
- Pictures of Temple Trail
- Pictures of Harbourside Trail
- Pictures of Old City Trail
Due to time and location, we were not able to complete the Sheep Drive or Brunel Trail, or any of the Shauns in the Farmyard Flock or Southbank Trail. This left us with 15 Shauns not found in Bristol.
Due to other commitments, we were unable to see either of the Shaun roundups in Bristol (at Cribbs Causeway) or London (Covent Garden). However more of what we were up to in the coming weeks.
- Shaun in the City web site
- Wallace & Gromit’s Children’s Charity
- Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal, the Bristol Children’s Hospital Charity
- Gromit Unleashed: Release the Hound